Founded July 2011, Citizens for a Greener El Sobrante is comprised of community members of the El Sobrante Valley working towards a greener, more liveable El Sobrante.
Strategize and partner in the implementation of sustainable practices that beautify El Sobrante and strengthen our economic corridors, environmental health and community spirit.
What We've Achieved
- Surveyed local businesses revealing two major concerns: homelessness and speeding traffic. Presented findings at the Municipal Advisory Council helping form El Sobrante Renew.
- Advocated for more sustainable landscaping in the County's Walkability Project designs, resulting in the incorporation of our recommendation for Elm trees lining the downtown corridor.
- Participated in P-1 Planning Committee panel to develop guidelines for Contra Costa County Master Plan. Now providing input for Appian Way development plans.
- Our parklet campaign included construction of a demonstration parklet at the 2013 El Sobrante Stroll, which led to the County's parklet program.
- Our "Drive 25" campaign to reduce speeding through downtown led to a commitment by the County to install speed limit signs. We continue to explore additional strategies for slowing down traffic.
- Our mailing list is 500 community members strong!